The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage established as well as new customers, by selling food and non-food items to achieve sales and profitability goals.
This position has a high possibility of promotion to VP level in the future depending on performance.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory (within the U.S.) and accounts
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Visit customers and potential customers' stores to provide information and support needed to secure and retain business.
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director in food industry (Strong experience in Food Service Sales is required for 8-10 years)
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Motor vehicle record in good standing
- Problem solving ability and negotiation skills
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office products
- Familiar with Japanese food and culture
- BA degree
- Language: English (Native level) , Japanese is not required but higher than conversational level is welcome