Title of Position: Network Engineer (G09)
Number of Openings: 1
Assignment Duration and Job Location? Dulles, Virginia
Government Specific: How long is this contract before re-compete? Will support Global Hawk, working on ground control systems for UAV’s.
Clearance needed? Active Secret with ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance ( will put them through the process of getting the full TS/SCI).
- Sign on bonuses are available for those candidates that already have an active TS/SCI.
- Flexible Schedule: Can come in earlier or later.
- Telecommute: Potential for 1 day a week.
- Annual Bonus to Employees: Dependent on how well Raytheon is doing as a company. As well as Merit Increase every year.
- 401(K) / RETIREMENT PLANS: Employee Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: A variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement.
- PAID TIME OFF: Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year. Raytheon is also shut down for Winter Break from December 23rd-January 3rd (company paid time off during this time).
- PARENTAL LEAVE: Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Must Haves (Essential) 3-4 skills:
- 6 years of experience in network design, implementation and administration -MUST have Network Design experience, not just monitoring a network!
- Strong experience with CISCO routers and switches.
- Bachelors Degree – MUST have a degree in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) – Please see the attached PDF for list of acceptable Degrees.
Major +’s (desirable) skills:
This position will perform network and infrastructure engineering tasks pertaining to LAN/data center system design, development, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting activities. The qualified individual should possess knowledge and experience with network technologies, services, operations, and security.
A Network Engineer who actively designs and troubleshoots corporate or cloud networks and who feeds off the challenge of rolling up their sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day, is a passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- At least 6+ years of experience in network design, implementation and administration
- Strong understanding of layer 2 technologies: VLAN segmentation, VLAN tagging, 802.1x authentication
- Strong understanding of network routing (BGP, OSPF) and switching protocols, Cisco hardware routers and switches, hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches.
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques.
- Deep knowledge of firewalls and client VPNs
- Experience in building/troubleshooting IPSec tunnels; understanding of IKEv1 vsIKEv2
- Strong communicator with the ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- High level of motivation, self-starter, ability to demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex network tasks with little guidance
- Excellent time management skills
Highly valued skill sets:
- Experience in Python/Shell scripting
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and/or Terraform
- Cisco Unified Call Manager
- Solar Winds suite of management products
- Multicast & QoS protocols
Education: Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 6 years of related work experience.
Clearance Type: At least a Secret Clearance