Must Haves (Essential) 3-4 skills:
- At the architect level, this individual would have between 8 to 10 years of experience.
- ADF (application development framework) experience
- Architect experience in an oracle environment
Oracle Architect to join their team on Federal project in Suitland, MD!
THE CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Providing software development services and experience to implement new initiatives.
- Providing implementation and technical support services.
- Providing technical support to respond to technical issues, research and resolve problems and other non-programming technical services.
- Estimating the Level of Effort (LOE) and difficulty of programming assignments.
- Supporting the testing process by providing insight to the independent testing staff when complex issues arise.
- Making use of Census’ configuration management and version manager tool(s).
- Experience working with Oracle’s Application Development Framework (ADF).
- Excellent application system design and development skills.
- Strong experience in architecting, implementing and managing high performance scalable J2EE applications on Linux/Unix platforms with one or more of the following: Java Web Services, Oracle SQL Developer, JSP, EJB, JSF JMS, XML, JDeveloper.
- Development experience with Oracle WebCenter and WebLogic.
- Excellent knowledge of J2EE architecture/design patterns, Object Oriented Design methodologies, SOA, data modeling techniques and SOAP.
- Strong experience designing / developing with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer).
- Solid knowledge of OOP software concepts, design patterns, and best practices.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment and learn new concepts/software technologies as needs arise.
- Very strong SQL experience of writing complex queries and developing views.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, and a responsible team-player.
- The ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing