Do you enjoy crafting documents designed to convince someone to take action? Do you thrive in a deadline driven environment? SG2 Recruiting is supporting Suntiva and looking for a Communications Specialist who will leverage their writing skills -- whether from a journalist, technical documentation or proposal writing background -- to work with the company's subject matter experts to turn their outlines into well-crafted, easy-to-read and technically compliant proposal content.
What You'll Be Doing
- Playing a key role in our continued growth!
- Providing writing and editing support and/or lead responses to Government requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for information
- Collaborating with proposal support team members, key personnel, subcontractors, program managers, and subject matter experts to identify and develop technical content, key personnel resumes, past performance citations and other proposal-related content
- Assuming Section or Volume writing responsibilities as assigned
- Working with subject matter experts to analyze solicitations as well as account teams and our proposal manager to determine proposal requirements, develop the response strategy, and submit a compelling and compliant proposal
- Helping produce and maintain past performance documentation and templates
- Working with subcontractor personnel to develop proposal narrative, past performance qualifications, resumes, technical and management volumes, and other proposal documentation
- Working autonomously as well as collaboratively, managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Supporting strategic messaging, tailor proposal content, and contribute to the strategy and/or editing of management, technical, past performance, and other volumes as appropriate
- Developing storyboards, outlines, and other documentation associated with the proposal development process
- Editing proposals for spelling, typographical, and grammatical errors; proper syntax; as well as readability, ease of comprehension, and consistency
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field
- Minimum 4 years overall writing experience – can include internships, part-time jobs, or work as a contributing writer and/or editor of a publication. Relevant documents include white papers, case studies, proposals; Web or newspaper/magazine content.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical and management approaches
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
If You Have This, It is a Plus
- Experience writing competitive proposals in the Federal Government space
- Shipley Associates or other industry training
- Familiarity MS SharePoint
What Is In It For You
- Our Defense Business practice is growing, which means many opportunities for you
- We understand your need for flexibility and work within contract parameters to provide as much flexibility as possible
- Suntiva's hiring standards are high, so other smart and talented professionals will surround you
- Our benefits are some of the best in the industry, including 4 weeks of paid personal leave and up to 40 hours per year to pursue training that advances your career
What Suntiva Can Offer You
When joining Suntiva, you can expect the opportunity to address client challenges that matter and have fun in the process.
- A values-driven culture. Our corporate values include: Embody great minds and great hearts, Assume good intentions, Foster collaboration and teamwork, Hold ourselves accountable for results, and Do the right thing all the time!
- A team-oriented environment with some of the smartest colleagues you’ll ever work with.
- Growth and development opportunities.
At Suntiva, our employees bring their great minds and hearts to help our clients achieve their desired results. As such, we want to make sure that we are doing the right thing, all the time by supporting our employees to achieve their desired results in life. We provide a comprehensive and highly competitive total compensation and benefits package that brings you real value and security to enjoy life today and plan for tomorrow.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Job: Communications Specialist
Primary Location(s): United States - Falls Church
Nearest Major Market: Washington Metro DC
Job Segments: Professional Services, Management Consulting, Junior Proposal Writer