Full-Stack Software/Cloud Engineer
SG2 Recruiting is partnering with International Consulting Associates (ICA), a dynamic, fast-growing company that provides management and technical solutions to help federal agencies tackle some of their most pressing challenges. Our team of diverse professionals leverages analytical expertise, a culture of entrepreneurial innovation, and an obsession with problem-solving to deliver practical and timely results for our clients. Specializing in research and data analysis, data analytics, and technical advisory services, ICA is looking for talented, like-minded people to join our growing team.
Engineering at ICA
We are a collaborative team working on challenging problems that affect the health and safety of millions of Americans. We care deeply about communication, collaboration, feedback, and iteration.
About the Role
We are looking for a software developer who is an expert in rapidly building and deploying production quality applications for our clients on a platform that relies on an all-AWS backend. A successful candidate will have experience leveraging AWS infrastructure for both backend and frontend tasks. We are particularly interested in engineers with experience developing systems that can handle terabyte datasets and support high-powered compute resources for machine learning. Additionally, candidates should be strongly experienced with the AWS ecosystem and be able to design solutions and identify engineering tradeoffs.
- Creatively design, and implement applications while being mindful of security, costs, reliability and business objectives.
- Practice test-driven development, CI/CD, and write infrastructure-as-code.
- Build solutions to monitor and test the performance of the infrastructure, reduce operational burden, increase reliability, security, and resiliency, ensure disaster recovery and business continuity, enable CI/CD, and maintain it all in infrastructure as code everything-in-version-control manner.
- Work closely with ML Engineers and data scientists to advise on implementation.
- Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large-scale ML model deployments and application development.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot AWS infrastructure.
You are a pragmatic, results-focused problem solver who enjoys working both independently and in close collaboration with your team. You know how to make progress when confronting a complex challenge and you enjoy the steps involved. You are experienced at solving problems using both well-established and cutting-edge tools. You follow good Agile practices, know how to estimate work, efficiently complete tasks, and suggest alternative approaches. You are passionate about delivering high-quality, secure, reliable services through an iterative MVP approach.
- Bachelor’s Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of developing software products based on AWS cloud architecture.
- 4+ years of experience writing production-quality Python deployments
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps, Terraform.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS ML Ops services such as: SageMaker; CodeBuild; CloudFormation, Lambda
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with distributed environments that use containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) as part of the solution.
- Experience with systems using large-scale (GB/TB), unstructured datasets.
- Experience with ETL and data processing pipelines
- Strong understanding of how to implement secure Cloud environments (AWS Govcloud). Experience in highly regulated secure environments a plus (e.g., NIT 800-171 or 53, FISMA, DFARS, CMMC)
- Strong Linux system administration skills.
- Strong Windows system administration skills.
Established in 2010, International Consulting Associates, Inc., is focused on providing management and technical solutions to help our clients tackle some of their most pressing challenges. Specializing in research and analysis, data analytics, and technical advisory services, ICA is looking for talented, like-minded people to join our growing team.
We are a culture of enabling individual success, openness, humility, and collaboration – one where we help each other improve, recognize contribution, and foster a strong sense of ownership. We will continue to value curiosity and skepticism while maintaining an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion. We value elegance through simplicity, responsiveness, and pragmatic, value-driven approaches to problem-solving.
We embrace agility and a fail-fast, rapid evolution approach. We believe that protecting the work-life balance is essential to supporting high-performing teams. We care about our mission, about driving progress, delivering value, and implementing tangible real-world change. We are committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment. We are passionate about leveraging technology, data science, and machine learning to make the world a better place.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive benefits including Health and Dental
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan with match
You must have the ability to obtain a US Public Trust Security Clearance. This would require US citizenship or Green Card.
ICA is an equal opportunity employer that does not currently offer H1-B or LPR sponsorship.