Are mission and money -- in that order -- key motivators for you? SG2 Recruiting is helping Suntiva's Defense Business Unit, which recently won DoD work at the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC) as well as a prime on ITES 3S IDIQ contract, find a Business Development Director to continue growth in the DoD sector. Specifically, you would be responsible for building a robust, strategic pipeline with realistic and targeted opportunities in in the areas of IT modernization, business transformation/change management consulting services. You would be hands on in all phases of the BD lifecycle including identification, vetting of the new business opportunities through capture.
What Will You Be Doing
- Developing and driving strategic new business development across DoD clients
- Developing and leading execution of account plans, capture plans, win strategies, and implementing effective teaming approaches
- Leveraging customer networks, contract vehicle client relationships, strong past performance to grow revenues 15+% year over year
- Working collaboratively and proactively across organization business units to drive and achieve DoD and broader company growth objectives
- Conceptualize new capabilities of potential interest to the market and convert those concepts into growth outcomes
- Build relationships across internal and external contacts as well as teaming partners within the Defense community.
What You Will Need
- 10+ years of experience in the DoD markets successfully defining, establishing, and profitably leading business development efforts
- Experience Developing and leading execution of successful account plans, capture plans, win strategies, and implementing effective teaming approaches
- Demonstrated track record of growing new revenue opportunities from <$5 million to $15+ million while maintaining high levels of customer and employee satisfaction.
- Strong network in the DoD IT sector, preferably with experience selling cloud adoption or migration services.
- Knowledge of processes in the Federal acquisition environment to include various contract vehicles/types
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Sound strategic business development planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner across organization business units to meet broader objectives.
- Must be authentically honest and ethical.
If You Have This, It Is A Plus:
- Bachelor's degree with advanced degree preferred.
- Secret --or-higher clearance
- Experience working with small or mid-sized business
What Suntiva Can Offer You
When joining Suntiva, you can expect the opportunity to address client challenges that matter and have fun in the process.
- A values-driven culture. Our corporate values include: Embody great minds and great hearts, Assume good intentions, Foster collaboration and teamwork, Hold ourselves accountable for results, and Do the right thing all the time!
- A team-oriented environment with some of the smartest colleagues you’ll ever work with
- Growth and development opportunities
At Suntiva, our employees are our most valuable asset. Our employees bring their great minds and hearts to help our clients achieve their desired results. As such, we want to make sure that we are doing the right thing, all the time by supporting our employees to achieve their desired results in life. We provide a comprehensive and highly competitive total compensation and benefits package that brings you real value and security to enjoy life today and plan for tomorrow.
Suntiva is a business transformation and technology company located in Falls Church, VA, serving Federal Government agencies. We enable our clients to improve performance through people, process, and technology in significant, measurable, and sustainable ways. We provide mission critical information technology, digital transformation, organizational performance, human capital, and acquisition lifecycle solutions—with great minds and great hearts.Similar Job Titles:
- Director of Business Development - DoD
- Business Development Manager - Defense
- Federal Business Development Manager / Defense
- IT Modernization Business Development Director - Defense
- Army Business Development Director
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status