SG2 Recruiting is partnering with unybrands, a start up founded in 2020 by a group of partners who shared a common vision to create the leading next-generation e-commerce platform and scale it quickly.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join a world-class end-to-end Analytics team. You will leverage the skills you've patiently developed over years, and your hard-won, hands-on experience to implement your hypotheses about a better way to do things. As part of the Analytics team you will be challenged to think big and move fast to enable Unybrands’ goal to build a culture of self-service analytics, data-driven decision making and data science-driven semi-/full-automation.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Data Scientist, you will collaborate closely with Analytics Engineers, Data Engineers, and business stakeholders. You will focus on building statistical models, optimizations, and forecasts that can help discover insights within data. Your customers will include e-commerce, marketing, supply chain, finance, business development, and legal (i.e., essentially every part of Unybrands). You will be able to leverage data as a strategic resource and will build data science products to support every aspect of our business. Your insights and output will be presented to leadership and be used in self-service interactive applications that enable stakeholders to explore complex data without the need to know programming. You will make actionable recommendations and support displaying your findings in dashboards that efficiently highlight Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) trends and highlight action items that help stakeholders make the correct business actions quicker and more efficiently. Your work will exist within an end-to-end Technology group that includes infrastructure engineering, software development, and data engineering as key partners to your success.
A successful candidate for this role will be an experienced Data Scientist with strong technical knowledge in Python/R, SQL, Tableau, data science best practices, and technology development practices. You thrive in an environment where the problems are not precise and are comfortable collaborating with other leaders in setting the strategy and able to translate the business strategy into data science solutions. Unybrands is an agile org, offers flexibility in working hours and locations, and encourages you to “think differently” in solving problems in efficient and novel ways.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or an equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in Data Science, Analytics, Business Intelligence, or related field
- Two (2) or more years of developing in Python, R, or similar statistical programming languages
- Two (2) or more years of writing SQL to leverage data used in models and analysis
- Able to conduct data analysis with the appropriate statistical approaches (regression, linear and non-linear correlation, entropy, T-test, F-test, etc.)
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar business intelligence tools
- Proven success in communicating with business users and technical teams to collect requirements, recommend, design, and implement analytical solutions
- Experience identifying needed data for projects and understand underlying structure (distribution, variable independence, outliers, etc.), and able to make suggestions to improve data quality
- Ability to conduct analysis of existing metrics and creating new metrics that provide better accuracy and tracking
- Experience influencing decisions of business leaders by leveraging insights uncovered from data
- Excellent verbal and written communication and able to discuss and present data science processes to business leaders and provide support to help with understanding of processes to non-technical individuals.
It Is A Plus If You Have This:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Experience building and successfully delivering to customers complex, modular data science systems that are structured as flexible, modular components (i.e., avoid monoliths) with documented interfaces and detailed documentation
- Knowledge of data science best practices that includes 1) coding and programming standards; 2) recommendations on best data science approaches and libraries; and 3) scalable design and implementation of analytics and data science
- Experience in forecasting supply chain demand, e-commerce, performing A/B tests for marketing, and analyzing customer behavior and purchasing patterns.
- Experience in developing Tableau applications (or equivalent business intelligence/data visualization tools), including developing reports specifically for data science process outputs
- Experience working with AWS data technologies (e.g., SageMaker, Redshift, S3
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without any regard to race, skin color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, and age. Nor are applicants discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected classes.