Job Description SG2 Recruiting is working with ATS, a young information technology consulting company, to recruit and hire a Database Administrator.The Database Administrator candidate maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. The DBA administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. The candidate will evaluate and recommend available database management system (DBMS) products and will performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance, availability and compliance with business requirements. The candidate will perform SQL, Oracle, and MySQL database and application server administration. The candidate will organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes.
Specific job responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s).
- Establish and maintain database user accounts.
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products.
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability.
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations.
- TS/SCI FS poly
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A minimum of ten (10) years experience as a Database Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Must have experience with workflow tools, such as Apache or JBoss.
- Must have experience with administering programs and databases.
- Must have working experience with MySQL Databases, including MySQL Workbench and PHPADMIN
- Working knowledge of installing, configuring, and maintaining ELK Stack to support production environment.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, and GitLab
- Ability to work with leadership and clients to identify and revise approaches
- Experience providing technical direction and guidance regarding design and implementation
- Experience assisting with and/or coordinating the activities of others to meet over-arching client program requirements
- Experience developing and delivering formal customer presentations and proposals
- Experience coordinating project status with highly technical stakeholders, technical managers and government leaders
- Experience working in or with U.S. agencies responsible for national security