Provide day-to-day Systems Administration for a multi-domain, Microsoft Windows Client-Server based computing environment. Server-side System Administration would include physical and VMware hosted Windows 2008R2 Server (to be upgraded to Server 2012) based domains utilizing Active Directory, DNS, MS SQL Server and various application servers. Additional computing infrastructure to be administered includes building, patching, maintaining Linux RHEL 6. Client-side System Administration would include physical & virtualized Windows 7 & 10 workstations utilizing Microsoft Office. The System Administrator would also support installed hardware which includes Dell & HP Blade Center, Oracle Solaris servers, HP desktop PC’s and a NetApp storage system.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for providing day-to-day System Administration on a complex Multi-Level Security (MLS) architecture and on associated back-end network systems. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. This position requires first shift support plus infrequent periodic after hours support on weeknights and weekends.
The candidate will be subject to a government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Installation, configuration and support of the following software systems:
• RHEL 6 Servers
• Windows 7 & 10 Enterprise, Server 2008R2/2012R2, Windows Server Update Service, third party package updates (e.g. Firefox, Adobe Flash, etc.), domain policy management & updates, Office 2010/2013
• VMWare (VSphere) v5.x, & v6.x
• McAfee Antivirus & EPO server
• Installation, configuration and support of the following hardware systems: HP workstations, HP & Dell blade servers & blade management, Oracle (SUN) Solaris servers, NetApp Storage system configuration and management, Cluster mode & 7 mode
• Client-Server networking systems: DNS, DHCP, LDAP, TCP/IP
Nice to have:
- AWS knowledge
• UNIX experience
• Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies, NetApp Filer configurations and disaster recovery best practices.