The PGP Security Engineer Supporting Public Sector customer in Raleigh, NC. Support Customer leadership and technicians for Symantec security products (PGP Email Encryption, Symantec Endpoint Protection, & Critical System Protection/Data Center Security).
Duties of the PGP Security Engineer include the following:
- Assist in the hands-on implementation of PGP, SEP, & CSP/DCS solutions.
- Provide PGP, SEP, & CSP/DCS subject matter expertise and thought leadership as an extended member of a customer team.
- Provide guidance, recommendations, best practices, etc. for PGP, SEP, & CSP/DCS operations.
Stabilize and optimize PGP, SEP, & CSP/DCS system performance, including rules and reports.
- Assist with PGP, SEP, & CSP/DCS component upgrades, installs, testing and configuration.
Liaise with Symantec Support, Engineering, Product Management, and others within Symantec on behalf of the customer.
Provide single point of contact and hands-on escalation and remediation for critical issues.
Respond rapidly to unplanned events, including after hours for Severity 1 issues.
- Proactively communicate relevant technical information and alerts on known issues, hot fixes, new releases, etc.
- Provide regular status reports for critical incidents, projects and proactive services.
Communicate professionally and effectively at all organizational levels.
- Keep the Account Team informed of major issues or new opportunities
The candidates should be able to pass a Public Trust Clearance with a Civilian Government Agency.
3+ years of experience administering, supporting, or consulting on Symantec PGP, SEP, & CSP/DCS in a large enterprise customer environment.
Working knowledge with compliance and regulation standards such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA.
Working knowledge of operating system platforms, network protocols, and security architecture.
Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities.
Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
Strong understanding of common categories and characteristics of malware.
Superb written and verbal communications skills in English.
Willingness to work out of normal business hours without prior notice (upon
Candidates should have expertise with the following product(s):
Symantec PGP Email Encryption
Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
Symantec Critical System Protection (CSP)
Symantec Data Center Security (DCS)
Ideal candidates will also have expertise with the following product(s): Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Ideal candidates should have a Security+, Network+, or CISSP in good standing (to meet government certification requirements). Other relevant security certifications that are in good standing may also be acceptable, depending on the role of the consultant.