SG2 Recruiting is a talent acquisition firm partnering with an exciting company supporting world class science and technology at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Candidates will be working with a creative team as a skilled Linux System Administrator with the ability to learn Kubernetes and Docker as the team works to create a cloud-by-default environment! Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years of Systems Administration Experience
- Active DOD Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain SCI clearance
- BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics or related fields
- Experience managing 50+ RHEL 7 servers
- Hands-on experience with automation tools (Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
- Experience writing and modifying automation scripts using shell, Perl or Python
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell or HP)
- Hands on experience applying DISA STIGs
- Ability to commute daily to the Naval Research Lab located in Washington, DC
Company develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients and has been supporting NRL in a trusted technical advisor capacity for over 15 years.
About the NRL:
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.