SSI is looking for a PeopleSoft Developer.
This position has varying levels of responsibility designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software systems. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Provides technical support to project team members. Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Senior Software Engineer
- Provide ongoing technical direction in the development, maintenance and/ or enhancements as well as provide ongoing analysis to address business process. Make recommendations to IT on the most up-to-date software/technical solutions.
- Provide technical expertise and responsible for supporting production, ongoing development, upgrades, and enhancements. System integration to and from PeopleSoft applications (HCM. ELM, and CRM) and to other vendor.
- Assist functional analyst’s with requirements gathering and transform the requirements into technical specifications.
- Create/maintain/enhance the PeopleSoft applications using Application Designer, SQR, Application Engine, PeopleCode, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Web Services, BI publisher, PS Query, SQL and other advanced tools.
- Provide consultation to other technical staff.
- Provide technical training and mentor colleagues.
- Responsible for supporting production, ongoing development, upgrades, and enhancements to Oracle/PeopleSoft HCM/Learning and CRM system.
- Identify opportunities for standardizing processes, integration and archiving, and elimination of unnecessary process redundancy.
- Work with the functional Analyst community to understand data access and integration needs.
- Responsible for testing upgrades, business processes changes, and automation PeopleSoft processes (HR, Learning, and CRM)
- Provide responsive support for production issues, helping minimize downtime and loss of productivity and service.
- Perform impact analysis for the campus systems, testing and validation as well as document process, integration and design issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Technical Project Coordination
- Provide Project Management for PeopleSoft Tools upgrades.
- Provide Project Management for PeopleSoft Application upgrades.
- Provide Project Management for ad-hoc technical projects.
- Coordinate technical projects involving the core campus applications.
- Six or more years' experience using the PeopleSoft Application Designer toolset (App Engine, Integration Broker, Data Mover, Component Interface, People Code, Page/Component)
- Six or more years' experience troubleshooting and testing Oracle/PeopleSoft applications (HCM/ELM/CRM)
- Six or more years’ experience using SQL to access and manipulate data stored in a relational database (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Six or more years’ experience with creating application program documentation, including technical design specifications
- PeopleSoft Cobol experience and/or PeopleSoft Fluid Development
- Experience with translating functional requirements into technical design