Position involves physically installing servers in racks, connecting network cables to the panel, load and configure Network Operating System (Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 and 2016). Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with operating system or hardware.
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
- This position requires applicant have the ability to install, configure and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008/2012 and 2016.
- Must be capable of performing practical server repair including the installation, repair and troubleshooting of any of the following, hard drives, memory, network cards, CPUs, power supplies, printers, monitors, data storage devices such as hard drives and disk arrays.
- Must be capable of configuring new hardware, installing and updating software packages.
- Familiarity with networking hardware, including routers, switches, fiber optic cable, twisted pair, and wireless networks. Work with user data and settings recovering or restoring lost user data.
- Attention to detail with an ability to follow through with project objectives.
- Professional communication skills and attitude toward customer service with the ability to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
- Must be able to inspect and detect potential failures before they occur.
- Maintain records of all events, logs and documentation on a daily basis.
- Must have familiarity with power protection and cooling solutions for IT equipment including UPS, PDUs, InRow Chillers.
- Secret clearance
- Security +