SSI has an immediate need for a cleared (secret clearance) Sr Software Engineer in Dahlgren, VA
Six (10) years of combined general, related, and specialized experience in software processes, design, development and testing with experience as a developer in a DoD related organization. Must have at least a Secret clearance. Should meet the qualifications of a Software Engineer and have skills demonstrated through experience:
- Experience in software development solutions in such areas as studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in determination of operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Experience in documentation and demonstration of solution, i.e., documentation development, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Experience in preparation and installation of solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Experience in improvement of operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Experience in providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Experience in accomplishment of engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed according to defined schedules.
- Experience in support and development of software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Desired Experience (Candidate should have most of the following):
- Java (Familiarity with Java 8), C++, C#, .NET
- Networking - TCP, UDP, Multicast
- Concurrency - Multi-threaded programming
- Data Structures and Collections
- Custom Exception Handling
- Database and File I/O
- code documentation
- GUI Design
- USB Communication
- Unit Testing
- Ability to identify critical unit tests
- Generation of proper JUNIT tests
- REST API
- Understanding of Design Patterns (when to use them and when not to)
- Understands when to use a 3rd party library and when to code it from scratch
- Excellent written communication
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to take design concepts and run with them
- Creative problem-solving skills