Position Description: The Migrate/DevOps Engineer will work with multiple application teams to migrate systems into the Technical Integrator (TI) DevOps provided support. This individual will work technical details with application teams to ensure they are migrated successfully.
- Takes direction from Migration Dev/Ops Engineering Lead to migrate several applications into TI provided DevOps environments, either cloud or on-premise datacenter based.
- Works with application teams to document application internal/external interface requirements for Development, Testing, Staging and Production environments
- Works with application teams to ensure compliance with High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concept of operations.
- Implements middleware application specific requirements as needed, ensuring that integration across components in the TI provided environment is functional.
- Implements migration efforts with application teams, including data migration.
- Provides technical support for application teams which includes server system administration across all environments.
- Performs troubleshooting activities both independently and in conjunction with application teams and infrastructure teams, as needed.
- Creates automation scripts for server installation, builds, and continuous deployments.
- Provides ongoing deployment and operational support activities.
- Assists and takes part in training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience migrating application teams from datacenter to datacenter and/or datacenter to cloud.
- Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
- Ability to automate workflows through scripting such as Bash or other technologies such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience determining and implementing middleware requirements.
- Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and methodologies
- Experience maintaining and administering configuration management systems such as Enterprise GitHub.
- Experience maintaining and administering software build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience maintaining and administering artifact repository systems such as Artifactory.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development life cycles within a substantial IT environment.
- Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Experience with server system administration a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud fundamentals a plus.