SSI is looking for a Systems Admin/Video Teleconference Operator in Springfield VA (Requires a TS/SCI clearance to be considered)
Install, configure, operate and maintain room and Desktop base Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment.
- Schedule conferences with local and remote VTC sites, provide telephone support to the customer. Generate trouble tickets through REMEDY for Tier levels 1,2,3.
- Interface with the customers to provide training on various VTC equipment, to enhance their knowledge of CISCO TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) Must have a working knowledge of TMS, CISCO TelePresence 6000,8000 MXP, EX90,DX80, SX20 and H323, H320 and SIP protocols.
Responsible for the design and implementation of audio visual and data system communication networks. Will work with audio visual operations technicians and engineering resources to ensure proper delivery of functional systems and additionally assist in troubleshooting audio visual systems and endpoints. Quickly respond to customer issues regarding application/hardware related issues, resolve on the spot problems. Candidates must be able to replicate issues for internal analysis/diagnosis, and prepare/proofread technical documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor and program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must possess strong work ethic; good customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Monitors the audio-visual network using AMX Resource Management Suite (RMS).
- Setup; maintain; audio/video equipment to include Cisco Codecs, Bright Sign Media Players, AppSpace application, DVTC systems
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware)
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support
- Provides technical support and training to end-users
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Creates and monitors trouble tickets
- Must be willing and enthusiastic to learn and adapt to new and cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to work with clients to help meet their expectations
- Must be able to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment
- Must be team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with Managers and Administrative staff in support of business objectives
- Performs additional related duties as requested.
4-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis
- Setup microphones/speakers and maintenance
- AV equipment maintenance
- Good Customer Service Skills
- AV control systems
- End User IT Support Experience
- Knowledge in TMS and VTC systems/support
- Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Interface Technology
- Audio Visual experience i.e. AMX; Extron; Christie Digital Video Teleconference experience, Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- *Active TS/SCI Security Clearance Required.