Salesforce Administrator - DOS
The GEC's Policy, Plans, and Operations (PPO) Directorate's "Network Engagement & Training (NET)" Cell has an immediate need to hire a Network Data Manager (NEM), who will support all GEC threat and functional teams by managing, centralizing, and standardizing the organization's underlying influencer network infrastructure using customer relationship management (CRM) software, including Salesforce, and other platforms as needed. They will collect, input, categorize, and maintain updated data on current and potential GEC foreign government and civil society partners and network members in the GEC's CRM database (Salesforce) and/or other platforms to maintain the GEC's underlying foreign partner network infrastructure. This is essentially a Salesforce Administrator.
- Coordinate, centralize, and standardize the GEC's underlying foreign partner network infrastructure, using CRM software, including Salesforce and other platforms.
- Support each GEC threat and functional team by collecting, inputting, and categorizing data on current GEC foreign government and foreign civil society partners and network members in the GEC's internal CRM database (Salesforce) and on other platforms.
- Tag/catalogue all GEC threat and functional teams' foreign government and foreign civil society partners and network members, including foreign partners' demographic information, profession, geographic location, area of interest, audience reach, and either GEC team or other DoS Bureau relationship-manager.
- Per each GEC team's request, designate and categorize foreign government and civil society partner networks and/or curate distribution lists by geographic location, profession, target audience reach, areas of interest, and typical messaging topics.
- Conduct narrative and social network analyses to identify new foreign government communicators and foreign civil society influencers that have the potential to serve as members of the GEC's foreign partner network. These foreign networks stand as the GEC's ongoing partners to address issues related to countering propaganda and disinformation (CPD), working closely with the GEC's "Network Engagement Officers (NEOs)" to vet network members for operational fit, audience following, credibility, and reliability.
- Create and maintain visual "foreign partner maps" in Tableau Dashboards for each GEC team, pulling contact data from GEC's CRM database/Salesforce and other internal platforms used by the GEC, DoS, interagency, and select foreign government and civil society partners to maintain contact data.
- Cultivate, and maintain collaborative working relationships with officials across the GEC, DoS, and interagency, leveraging these relationships to share, protect, and expand contact data in the GEC's CRM database/Salesforce and other internal platforms.
- Work with the GEC's Network Engagement Specialists to share, protect, and expand contact data for select foreign government partners and civil society influencers in the GEC's CRM database and other internal platforms.
- Work with the GEC's Academic Liaison to share, protect, and expand contact data for foreign academic partners and other foreign CPD subject-matter experts in the GEC's CRM database and other internal platforms.
- Complete other duties as assigned within scope of work.
- Demonstrated ability to promote information sharing practices across the USG interagency community.
- Work experience conducting interagency coordination with the State Department, Department of Defense, or other U.S. federal agencies.
- Ability to conduct Social Network Analysis (SNA).
- Candidates must have a minimum of four (4) years' experience in roles that demonstrated:
- Experience working with CRM databases, software, and other contact management platforms, including Salesforce.
- Experience working with automated databases, including Tableau.
- Ability to lead and promote the development and use of a broad range of contact management tools and platforms.
- Ability to research, analyze, and present data on networks/network members in a way that allows senior policy officials to identify partnership opportunities to advance CPD issues in different regions of the world.
- Ability to promote information-sharing practices across multiple offices, departments, and external stakeholders.
- Personal and professional experience using social media and be fluent with the platforms that are most used for effective contact data maintenance.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree in subject matter area, or closely related discipline.
Salesforce Administrator - DOS