Senior Wifi Network Engineer
MUST HAVE ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Network Engineer is expected to be a network professional with experience in Cisco WLAN technologies. The engineer will work under the direction of the WiFi team to design and support network strategies to meet project needs. They will, coordinate implement, optimize, and maintain the network to include procurement, installation, configuration, documentation, and management. The candidate will provide full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment. Perform on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of network components. Provide technical support to customers and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems. Must be a great team player with positive attitude, has very good Visio documentation skills, possess exceptionally high customer service skills, and commitment to excellent customer support.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the WLAN and wireless infrastructure
- Manage the WLAN infrastructure and device configurations using Cisco Prime and Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
- Work with team members to deploy Aruba/Cisco Wireless and other WLAN solutions
- Create technical manuals, operating procedures and other support documentation
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Conduct site survey and plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Support, manage, and update the current Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- May perform network administration duties
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and site-survey tools such as Ekahau Site Survey
- Participate in special projects as required
- Experience with building out network, design/documentation
- Must have ACTIVE Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Wireless certification required
- Deep understanding of WLAN technologies, network management and security
- Routing/Switching on a large-scale Network
- Experience with building out network, design/documentation from the ground up
- Ability to configure Cisco switches and Firewalls for wireless network provisioning. Domain expertise ranging from RF, WLAN, Layer 2/3 switching, WLAN controller design, implementation, protocols and architecture.
- Knowledge of Cisco devices such as Identity Service Engine (ISE), Mobility Services Engine (MSE), and Prime
- Routing/Switching on a Large-Scale Network
- Experience implementing high-density Wi-Fi solutions
- Design, deployment, and support of a large WLAN infrastructure
- Experience testing wireless products including access points, controllers and other WLAN infrastructure and client devices for evaluation
- Fundamental knowledge of security protocols and authentication (Wifi Protected Access [WPA2], Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport Layer Security [EAP-TLS], 802.1x, Authentication, Authorization, Accounting [AAA]) and hands-on experience with Remote Authentication Dial-in User Server/Services (RADIUS) infrastructure (Clear Pass, ISE)
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and site-survey tools including Wireshark, Air Magnet, Ekahau Site Survey, Chanalyzer, and Eye P.A
- Experience working in an agile enviroment