Decipher Technology Studios has engaged SG2 Recruiting to support the expansion of their fast growing team. Decipher is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to round out their staff of engineers and developers. The ideal candidate will be able to create and incorporate new concepts and techniques into overall software and system architecture based upon customer, developer, and broader collaborative interactions. A strong foundation in cloud-native application development patterns will aid in being a key contributor/collaborator towards building cloud native applications, driving new technologies, designing solutions, and resolving complex issues.
The candidate must be able to identify the required key architectural elements and recognize which elements pose measurable risks and could result in serious operational issues should they not be mitigated or adequately controlled.
Decipher, along with their customers are a very diverse group of people. Strong communication and team working skills are required to collaborate with our local and remote team members. Decipher has a strong entrepreneurial culture and a non-hierarchical organization. They are looking for team members that share this mindset.
- Must be a US citizen and able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
- Hands-on software development/systems architecture of enterprise applications
- Experience working within Agile/Lean development environments (SCRUM preferred)
- Broad understanding of Cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure as well as PaaS capabilities such as K8s, OpenShift, etc.
- Familiarity with continuous delivery pipelines and the tools used to deliver solutions (Kubernetes, GIT, CircleCI, Nexus, Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- Excellent software development habits (creations of design artifacts, unit tests, in-code documentation, etc.)
- Architecting hybrid based architecture inclusive of green and brownfield applications, micro-service, etc.
- Experience creating or migrating applications to the public and/or private cloud, as well as understanding how to bridge green and brownfield applications.
- Proficiency with creating technical based documentation and presentations
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in the development and usage of hybrid techniques and technology architectures and solutions
- Working knowledge of and experience with enterprise domains (application, security, infrastructure data, etc.)
- Experience supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies
- Cloud-Related Certification (AWS, Azure etc)
- (Advanced) Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Scripting experience using Python, Bash, Perl, or PowerShell
Similar Job Titles:
- Cloud Engineer
- AWS Operations Engineer
Alexandria, Virginia, USACompany Website: https://deciphernow.com/
An an equal opportunity employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.