Linux systems Administrator
This Linux systems Admin support includes establishing and maintaining operating systems development environments and providing system design, implementation, and maintenance. Support Information Assurance related administration tasks, including system remediation, configuration, and development of certification and accreditation documentation.
Must Haves (Essential) 3-4 skills:
- 7+ years’ experience of the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems in a Linux OS environment
- 5+ years of experience maintaining systems configuration and backups; and manage the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates and enhancements
- 5+ years of experience with hardening the Linux servers with STIGS and experience with running vulnerability scans with ACAS
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology or related preferred
- Seven (7) years of experience with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to: plan or schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software; manage accounts, network rights, access to systems and equipment; maintain systems configuration and backups; and manage the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates and enhancements.
- Required certification as per Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8570, for Information Assurance Technicians (IAT) Level 2 or higher with certification in current Operating Systems and Information Security (i.e. Security +, CCNA, CISSP, CASP, etc).
- Requires Operating certification (i.e. Linux+)
- This position shall also require an IT-1 level clearance.
- Requires Secret with an SSBI or Top Secret Clearance
- Knowledge and experience with Linux Operating System.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle
- Knowledge and experience with Integrated Data Environments
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco Switches and network support.
- Experience with Microsoft and non-Microsoft patches
- Experience with the Information Assurance of government computer systems.
- Knowledge of Windows Domain administration Exec.
- Knowledge with Dell, Sun, and various other servers.