SG2 Recruiting is partnering with International Consulting Associates, Inc. (ICA), a dynamic and fast-growing company that is on a mission to develop tools that protect the safety of millions of Americans using medical devices. ICA works at the intersection of healthcare and AI in partnership with a Federal Health Organization. This work is an opportunity to help improve the lives of millions of people using medical devices.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer of the Core Team, you will be responsible for the overall visual direction our analytical software applications take. You will lead all company design activities and provide engineers with the resources and documentation needed to effectively bring design concepts to life. Under minimal supervision, you will design the back- and front-end of User Experience (UX) components and processes. If you empathize with the user, like to solve tough design problems, and enjoy building systems that present millions of data points in a web browser, ICA could be the right place for you.
- Design in systems: You understand how design systems are built. You know when to follow and when to break established interaction patterns. You champion consistency, flexibility, and reuse.
- Clarity and Simplicity: You have a sense for clean design and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
- Design Thinking: You have strong problem-solving roots with deep empathy for the user. With your guidance, the product and design team tackle the toughest challenges with insightful solutions.
- You will understand the product vision and architectural design provided by architects.
- You will understand and complete product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification, and resolution.
- You will develop and test applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- You will create required technical documentation, use cases, white papers, and technical process and procedure documents for the project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience in enterprise-level UI/UX development in responsive web apps
- Deep understanding of product design, user experience, information hierarchy, user-flows, composition, layout, color, and typography
- Solid UI/UX using HTML5, Java Scripts, jQuery, Angular, NodeJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, etc.
- Graphical design experience in consumer analytical applications (dashboards, dataviz, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology
- A portfolio that shows off your skills in information design, user flows, design systems, composition, grid systems, color, typography, and interactions
- Growth mindset and humble attitude, always looking for ways to improve your work and your performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to to communicate complex information simply and clearly
- Comfort working as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment, and able to effectively multitask with sometimes concurrent priorities
International Consulting Associates, Inc., is a dynamic, fast-growing company providing management and technical solutions to help federal agencies tackle some of their most pressing challenges. Our team of diverse professionals leverages analytical expertise, a culture of entrepreneurial innovation, and an obsession with problem-solving to deliver practical and timely results for our clients. Specializing in research and data analysis, data analytics, and technical advisory services, ICA is looking for talented, like-minded people to join our growing team.