SG2 Recruiting is partnering with International Consulting Associates (ICA),
a dynamic, fast-growing company that provides management and technical solutions to help federal agencies tackle some of their most pressing challenges. Our team of diverse professionals leverages analytical expertise, a culture of entrepreneurial innovation, and an obsession with problem-solving to deliver practical and timely results for our clients. Specializing in research and data analysis, data analytics, and technical advisory services, ICA is looking for talented, like-minded people to join our growing team.
ICA supports the federal government in its mission to protect and promote public health by conducting Systematic Literature Reviews (SLRs) for medical devices performance. This work is an opportunity to help inform decisions related to medical devices and thus improve the lives and well-being of millions of people.
ICA is looking for an experienced, highly skilled individual with experience in pharmaco-epidemiology or epidemiology to join us in this quest. The Senior Epidemiologist's primary responsibilities will be to execute strategic literature but may also contribute to safety studies. Successful candidates will have a strong background in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, related discipline, and experience in in conducting strategic literature reviews.
The Senior Epidemiologist will be leading a team responsible for conducting systematic literature reviews (SLRs) of high priority device-safety topics. The position will require the development of protocol for completing each SLR, including identifying the key words and inclusion/criteria for the review and analysis.
- Defines the keywords that will be used in the review of published research.
- Defines the inclusion/exclusion criteria that will be used when reviewing selected publications.
- Defines any specialized populations, criteria, or characteristics that are believed to be of key importance to the SLR.
- Addresses the CDRH-defined safety question the SLR is meant to answer; and
- Management of a team of researchers and consultants.
Key Performance Indicators:
The successful Senior Epidemiologist will be expected to:
- Provide technical and quality control oversight of all programmatic outputs, ensuring deliverables are of a high quality, fully responsive to client expectations, and require minimal (if any) revisions based on client feedback.
- Ensure close adherence to all project timelines and client deadlines, including ensuring the timely submission of all deliverables, prompt and responsive client communications, and the early and proactive identification and mitigation of potential delays.
- Provide technical leadership and managerial oversight of all project activities and team members to ensure program objectives are being met and to promote overall client satisfaction with technical outputs and the ICA team.
- Master’s degree or higher in Epidemiology or other public health fields; PhD’s preferred
- Five (5) years or more of relevant experience in research and data analysis in the public health sector.
- Demonstrated qualitative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience performing systematic literature reviews.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills to include technical writing and editing.
- Knowledge or expertise with device-safety topics preferred.
- Experience mentoring and teaching more junior epidemiologists.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Previous experience working and/or collaborating with researchers from federal government agencies whose mission relates to public health (e.g., NIH, CDC, FDA, HRSA, or other HHS agencies).
Established in 2010, International Consulting Associates, Inc., is focused on providing management and technical solutions to help our clients tackle some of their most pressing challenges. Specializing in research and analysis, data analytics, and technical advisory services, ICA is looking for talented, like-minded people to join our growing team.
We embrace agility and a fail-fast, rapid evolution approach. We believe that protecting the work-life balance is essential to supporting high performing teams. We care about our mission, about driving progress, delivering value, and about implementing tangible real-world change. We are committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment. We are passionate about leveraging technology, data science, and machine learning to make the world a better place.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health and Dental
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan with match
ICA Global is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
To learn more about ICA please visit our Website: