SG2 Recruiting is partnering with International Consulting Associates (ICA), a dynamic, fast-growing company that provides management and technical solutions to help federal agencies tackle some of their most pressing challenges. Our team of diverse professionals leverages analytical expertise, a culture of entrepreneurial innovation, and an obsession with problem-solving to deliver practical and timely results for our clients. Specializing in research and data analysis, data analytics, and technical advisory services, ICA is looking for talented, like-minded people to join our growing team.
ICA supports the federal government in its mission to protect and promote public health by leading studies on medical devices' performance. Through this collaboration, ICA will conduct studies to analyze the safety, effectiveness, and other medical devices' performance characteristics using various real-world databases. This work is an opportunity to help inform decisions related to medical devices and thus improve the lives and well-being of millions of people.
ICA is looking for an experienced, highly skilled individual with experience in pharmaco-epidemiology or epidemiology to join us in this quest. The Senior Epidemiologist's primary responsibilities will be to execute epidemiological investigations as part of the safety studies research. Successful candidates will have a strong background in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, related discipline, and experience in analyzing large datasets such as administrative claims, disease registries, or electronic health records.
The Senior Epidemiologist's primary responsibilities will be to:
- Identify, plan, and manage real-world data resources (including but not limited to administrative claims, disease registries, or electronic health records) that are suitable for addressing safety and effectiveness questions through epidemiological investigations.
- Identify evidence gaps and perform targeted literature reviews to inform research questions and contextualize study results.
- Conceptualize the scope of studies and refine the scope as needed.
- Design effectiveness and safety studies from real-world data and generate real-world evidence.
- Execute development of study protocols, statistical analysis plans, and other documents to aid the ongoing studies' investigations.
- Summarize, interpret, and contextualize findings of epidemiological investigations.
- Guide data analysts or programmers about issues related to the analysis of real-world databases.
- Prepare study reports, white papers, and other materials and present study findings to stakeholders.
- Coordinate research activities and deliverables with other epidemiologists, data analysts, research associates, data scientists, statisticians, ICA leadership, and other collaborators as applicable.
- Additional related tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
- Ph.D. in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, health economics, or other related fields.
- At least 10+ years of hands-on experience in study design and data analysis related to safety and effectiveness of interventions, treatments, and/or medical devices in academia, industry, or consulting, including at least 3 years of experience in technical leadership and management/supervisory roles.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills, including the use of statistical software (e.g., R, SAS, Stata, Python, Matlab, etc.).
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, planning, and communication skills, including technical writing and editing.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. To be eligible, candidates must be US Citizens.
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with study design and analyses involving real-world data and /or pharmaco-epidemiology.
- Experience with safety and effectiveness studies, including pharmaceuticals and/or medical devices.
- Familiarity with / knowledge of most recent policy and regulatory developments related to real-world data and evidence.
- Previous experience working and/or collaborating with researchers from federal government agencies whose mission relates to public health (e.g., NIH, CDC, FDA, HRSA, or other HHS agencies).
ICA Global is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.To learn more about ICA please visit our Website: