Primary responsibilities consist of providing support and analysis of storage solutions, including best practices for storage engineering and architectural design in an enterprise environment. Install and configure new storage solutions, including CommVault and EMC products and display knowledge of virtualization products. Work at the enterprise level with systems administrators, and database administrators in determining disk storage allocation, backup and restore requirements, and redundancy needs. Evaluate new hardware and software management solutions.
- 4+ years of experience with IT in an enterprise infrastructure environment
- 3+ years of experience in a multi-platform environment, including work with Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, or Linux
- Experience with storage virtualization
- Knowledge of iSCSI, Fiber Channel, and I/O storage subsystems
- Knowledge of domain architecture, and design requirements
- Knowledge of EMC storage solutions and the ways to store, protect, and optimize information.
- Ability to implement, configure, and troubleshoot CommVault
Nice to haves:
- Familiar with the design and deployment of large scale storage environments.
- Knowledge of short-distance LAN and long-distance WAN data replication, including the various technologies available to perform the replication, including the use of encryption
- Knowledge of networking technologies, including protocols, routing, QoS, NIC, and HBA
- Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN infrastructures
- Knowledge of Network Attached Storage Gateway devices
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS environments with large enterprise storage systems
- Knowledge of Windows-based operating systems
- Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory skills.
Education and Certifications REQUIRED:
- CompTIA Security + or equivalent (no exceptions).
- EMC Information Storage and Management Associate. (Preferred)
- CCNA Data Center (Preferred)
Must have an active Secret Clearance.