SSi is looking for a Systems Administrator for a long term contract in Newport News Virginia.
The Systems Administrator will play a key role within the Associate Productivity team within IT. The selected candidate will be responsible for implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of the on-premise Exchange environment, on-premise Skype for Business environment, and configuring those solutions to enable transition to Office365-provided services for the same functions. The primary focus is availability and consistent performance of the mail and messaging systems for the enterprise.
Responsibilities: • Manage a 20,000+ user environment consisting of O365 and on-premise Skype and Exchange environments
- Install, configure, and maintain Exchange & Skype servers, systems, and processes
- Production support of the Exchange & Skype server environments
- Troubleshoot Exchange & Skype service outages as they occur, this includes after hours and weekends
- Serve as a resource for the infrastructure application team members on technical and functional application analysis
- Assist with the administration and upgrade of the Skype for Business infrastructure and provide end-user support Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant technical field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years of experience in Exchange, Skype, and Office365 in an enterprise environment
- Exchange Server Cluster management and role-based access control (RBAC)
- Experience in design and administration of Microsoft Windows Server environment, including but not limited to; Activity Directory Domains, Group Policy Objects, Web Services, DFS shares, Operating Systems, patches and hotfixes
- Skype for Business experience is highly preferred