Is creating efficient, more streamlined ways to analyze budgets that help executives make financial decisions the favorite part of your job? SG2 Recruiting is helping Suntiva find Senior Budget Analyst with an active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI to join their team to provide executive level budget support for a growing organization in Arlington, Virginia.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Driving budgeting / forecasting and long-term planning processes for Client, identifying risks and opportunities & ensuring alignment with strategy
- Managing financial reporting to the client’s organization and orchestrating internal DoD financial upward reporting
- Supporting the client’s decision processes for determining investments
- Developing key performance indicators, budget vs. actual flux, financial statement analysis, trends / drivers, benchmarking for performance measurement
- Assisting in the development of budget exhibits for the following: Procurement; Operations and Maintenance (O&M); Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E); and Defense Travel
- Preparing Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs), and potentially DD 1144 Support Agreements
- Assisting in the Program Objective Memorandum (POM)
- Working independently and with senior analyst to support the planning, coordinating, execution and management of the financial aspects of acquisition projects and their sustainment
- Preparing budget estimate inputs, and reviews for compliance with policy, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Preparing a variety of documents, such as: correspondence, forms, reports, statistical tables, spreadsheets, etc.
- Assisting in the development of an annual Spend Plan
- Maintaining budget information in relevant DoD financial systems
- Serving as Finance SME on projects, analyses, reviews, etc as required by the client
- Performing accounting research as required
What a Candidate Needs to be Successful:
- Active US Department of Defense Top Secret with SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Science or closely related field
- 10+ Years financial planning and analysis
- Experience creating and reviewing MIPRs as well as working within the OSD staff to get them approved
- Functional knowledge of DoD Program, Planning, Budget and Executions System (PPBES) and the Defense Agency Initiatives database for spending controls
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition and contracting processes
- Excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage
- Must be a self-starter that can recognize needs and act with little to no guidance
- Able to rapidly understand and apply new concepts
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced MS Word skills; proficient PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook application skills
What Suntiva Can Offer You:
When joining Suntiva, you can expect the opportunity to address client challenges that matter and have fun in the process.
- A values-driven culture. Our corporate values include: Embody great minds and great hearts, Assume good intentions, Foster collaboration and teamwork, Hold ourselves accountable for results, and Do the right thing all the time!
- A team-oriented environment with some of the smartest colleagues you’ll ever work with.
- Growth and development opportunities.
At Suntiva, our employees are our most valuable asset. Our employees bring their great minds and hearts to help our clients achieve their desired results. As such, we want to make sure that we are doing the right thing, all the time by supporting our employees to achieve their desired results in life. We provide a comprehensive and highly competitive total compensation and benefits package that brings you real value and security to enjoy life today and plan for tomorrow.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran statusSimilar Job Titles:
- Sr. Defense Budget Consultant