Support Specialist is responsible for the daily operations support and administration of computing infrastructure hardware at the Distribution Centers. This position will work independently to support the overall Infrastructure to include all Windows 10 desktops, WAN/LAN routing and telecommunications. This position also has responsibility for assisting the Information Systems team in support of the company’s data center recovery systems.
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of all Infrastructure equipments in the Distribution Center utilizing documented guidelines and procedures. This will include hardware and software upgrades, RF equipment, scanners, and all user hardware including telecom equipment.
- Manage and control all access to the computer room to ensure the integrity of the facility while allowing necessary maintenance and upgrades to be completed.
- Conduct and maintain an accurate inventory of user hardware and RF equipment onsite in an electronic spreadsheet that is forwarded to the Director of Technical Services in Chesapeake quarterly for review and updating the databases where applicable.
- Participate in the annual disaster recovery test and complete all assignments assigned by the Information Systems team in Chesapeake.
- Responsible for troubleshooting end user and network problems, place trouble calls to the IS Help Desk when appropriate and follow-up to ensure problem resolution.
- Maintain accurate system policies/procedures and runbooks according to the processes developed by the IS Staff at the Store Support Center.
- Responsible for submission of all service requests for new equipment, software, associate moves, adds or changes to our current infrastructure configuration.
- Manage the computer room inventories and supplies including necessary forms and printer ribbon inventories.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all infrastructure equipment to include all label printers (Zebras), laser printers, etc.
- Provide support to DC construction projects, any field offices and stores needing technical assistance.
- Be proactive in recommending improvements in procedures that will increase the efficiency of the facility and staff members in regards to IT related technical issues and processes.
- Coordinate and handle the conveyor controller backups for either the Buschman or Rapistan system whichever is located in your DC.