Lead Data Platform Operations Engineer will manage and lead a team responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure and micro-services system deployment of the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) at the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) in Bethesda, MD.
- Serve as technical liaison for data center operations teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives so that data center infrastructure demands are met.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Support weekly program SCRUM meetings with various teams to ensure infrastructure requirements and deliverables are in alignment with application development/release schedules
- Design, develop and operationalize new processes such as on demand environment provisioning including delivery of systems with an Infrastructure as Code approach as part of the overall CI/CD solution.
- Support the hardware and network architecture, estimation, configuration, and installation.
- Support the building of solutions for source control, continuous integration, and automated testing and release management.
- Work as communicator, and collaborator in a multi project, multi contractor environment.
- Interact with the Government regarding technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or a closely related discipline. Master’s Degree is strongly desired.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 8 years leading infrastructure engineering teams with responsibility for hardware, networking, virtualization, and system deployment.
- Strong experience within a data center environment specifically in the areas of Systems Architecture, Systems Implementation and Deployment, Systems Integration, and Automation.
- Strong experience with provisioning, maintaining, and decommissioning, virtual machine configurations, including networking, storage and security settings, and deploying them to hosts upon request using orchestration tools.
- At least 4 years experience with planning installing, configuring, and testing, hardware OS software configurations supporting virtual machines, containers, runtime environment and guest OS.
- At least 4 years experience deploying and configuring solutions to provide and manage access to physical, virtual, and cloud-based computing resources through software abstractions for resource allocation, access control, and usage monitoring; including hierarchical resource managers (e.g. Apache), software containers, software container orchestration engines (Kubernetes and Marathon), virtual machines, remote desktops, and virtual private networks.
- At least 8 years of Linux environment experience including experience with shell scripting, networking, storage and release management.
- Experience with virtualization and container platform known error and bug lists.
- Experience with at least one development language such as Java, Python, Ruby, Java Script, etc.
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification.
- An active and valid TS with potential to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.