The Cache Systems Administrator (CSA) is responsible for the day to day operations of the Epic Cache Database environments and Epic data courier administration.
The CSA manages and monitors several AIX based, Cache database environments at the core of the Semtara Epic infrastructure. This infrastructure includes, but is not limited to System Pulse, Red Alert, and other environmental monitoring systems. Additional responsibilities include managing Epic Server environments, performing Cache and Epic application upgrades, managing environment refreshes, maintaining data courier configuration, and executing database recovery procedures. Position includes writing and maintaining procedures for maintenance and recovery as well as change control documentation and supporting application analysts as needed with technical consultation.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 to 10 years of Epic Cache systems management experience, including a proven record of maintaining multiple Epic environments on both AIX and Linux server platforms.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required
Associate’s degree and either 4 years related experience or an approved equivalent combination of education and experience while working toward a degree.
Certifications: Epic Cache Systems Manager (CSM) desired.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Attention to detail and ability to understand the larger picture
- Proficiency in multiple environments or platforms.
- Ability to work with a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible and willing to take on-call and respond quickly to issues at all hours
- Epic Cache certification
- Epic Chronicles certification
- Epic data courier certification