Network Boundary Engineer
Looking for 3-5 years’ experience with Cisco routing and switching equipment in an enterprise network environment. Extensive knowledge and skills with protocol layer troubleshooting utilizing OSPF, BGP and VPN technology. Required skills include the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot enterprise level routers and switches. This includes design implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a Wide Area Network, and making connections to remote sites via the WAN. Includes mitigation of security threats and knowledge of Voice (VOIP) networks.
- Work with other functional areas across the enterprise to maintain and administer security boundary components to meet IAW DoD and Air Force Standards utilizing industry best practices.
- Change, upgrade, and patch boundary devices, utilizing Air Force, two person integrity compliance through established change management procedures.
- Participate in project management, planning, implementation and installation to ensure configuration and integration conforms to baseline architecture.
- Identify and document potential threats and managing resolution of security violations.
- Manage intrusion protection systems (IPS)
- Maintain physical infrastructure to include troubleshooting and operating system patching.
- Grant and restrict administrative access to boundary devices according to authorization rules.
- Collaborate to maintain and administer security boundary components at all locations following IAW DoD and AF standards guidance.
- Identify potential threats and manage the resolution of security violations.
- Monitor and troubleshoot intrusion prevention boundary devices using Government provided toolsets (such as SCOM, SolarWinds, SMARTS, and NETCOP/NETCOOL)
- Monitoring network boundaries and reconstituting friendly cyberspace capabilities before, during and after any network incidents.
- Make changes/upgrades/patches to boundary devices requiring two person compliance through established change management procedures.
- Respond to outages, resolve and document priority incident tickets.
- Preform network maintenance during prescribed maintenance windows.
- Troubleshooting web connectivity problems.
- Blue Coat Certified Administrator
- CompTIA Linux +
- Palo Alto Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
- Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA)
- SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP)
The successful candidate will possess a Security + Ce and a Secret Clearance. This project operates 24x7x365 day, evening, night and weekend shifts.