SSi is looking for several hardware installers for a long term contract in Springfield, VA.
Clearance requires is a TS/SCI ci poly.
- Conducts hardware infrastructure site surveys, planning, and design.
- Makes recommendations on hardware, cabling, and equipment requirements.
- Provides installation management to include creating list of materials, bills of materials, estimating installation project timelines, determining installation team requirements, successfully executing installation projects, and documenting project status.
- Plans, builds, and installs cable patch panels and cable infrastructures.
- Installs and terminates all types of standard IT cable and fiber.
- Provides equipment rack installation and equipment installations within a variety of locations that includes, but is not limited to, data centers, equipment rooms, communications closets, operations centers, and user workspaces.
Skills & Tasks: Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
Individual Work / Teamwork or Leadership / Management: Leadership/ Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
Guidance: Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
Education/Min Years Experience: HS/GED -- 10 years experience, Associates -- 8 years experience, Bachelors -- 6 years experience, Masters -- 4 years experience, PhD -- 2 years experience