SSI is looking for a strong software developer for a contract role at Lackland AFB.
Software developers are tasked to provide application support and sustainment of existing application software. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the management of database and transactional processing environments while supporting development needs for the unit.
The Software developer will be responsible for the creation and support of business applications and the environments those applications reside. The Software Developer will design tools to assist in the management of database and transactional processing environments.
• Design, develop and sustain applications to meet the needs of the business unit.
• Develop solutions for automation and reporting including building security into all solutions to protect, enhance and respond to known vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, etc.
• Assist team members in resolving issues that impact the business unit.
• Application monitoring, database recovery plans, application and database backup plans.
• Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server.
• Experience with DataSets, DataTables, DataViews, SQL connection strings, and LDAP calls.
• Possess advance debugging skills in listed languages using Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio.
• Experience in web environment and IIS.
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
• 3-5 years’ experience providing applications development in an enterprise (>3000 users) environment.
• Prior experience in a military (Air Force) enterprise environment is preferred.
• DoD 8570 requirement IAT Level II, (example, CompTIA Security +).
The successful candidate will possess a United States (DoD) Secret security clearance