SSI is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support a project that will help lead ot the integration of software defined radios, intelligent broadcast systems and other electronic systems to enhance combat readiness.
- Document designs as part of drawing packages using AutoCAD and other applications.
• Direct the assembly, testing, field operations and maintenance of electronic components and subcomponents.
• Use computer-assisted engineering and design software (LabVIEW and similar) and ancillary equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Conducts Environmental Qualification Testing (EQT).
• Design printed circuit boards (PCBs), electronic circuits, components, power and control systems, wiring and cable harnesses, utilizing digital, analog and systems engineering skills.
• Perform analysis, design and conduct testing on RF, High-Speed Digital, and Analog Systems.
• Analyze, design, and test RF Antenna solutions
• Use computer-assisted engineering and design software (ORCAD, PADS, or KiCad).
• General Engineering Capabilities:
o Product and Technical Research
o Requirements Management and Analysis
o Quality Assurance and Control
• Signal Processing.
• Software-defined radio and intelligent broadcast system prototyping.
- Ten (10) years full-time professional experience working in an engineering environment defining requirements, and designing, developing or testing various applications and programs.
• BS in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
• Experience with testing for shock and vibration, temperature, and EMI is a plus.
• Experience with signal processing and RF spectrum management.
• Experience with PCB design.
• Experience with design and testing of RF, High-Speed Digital, and Analog Systems.
• Experience with RF antenna design and analysis.
• Experience with computer-assisted engineering and design software.
• Experience using LabVIEW software.