Clearance: TS/SCI FULL SCOPE (PLEASE Do no apply if you don't have this requirement)
Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
- The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering
- Perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
Qualifications: Fourteen (14) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required CISSP Certification is required.
Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.CISSP Certification is required.
Information Assurance Must have experience in Space/Weapon/Ground/Terminal system requirements development and security design, particularly developing, reviewing, and analyzing technical CDRLs, TSRDs, and IASRDs. Must have experience providing ISSE support to Space/Weapon/Ground/Terminal COMSEC/TRANSEC efforts, particularly cryptography and NSA cryptographic certification. Must have experience providing technical reviews/guidance for Key Management Architecture (KMA), Infrastructure (KMI), and Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) activities.
Other Must have a minimum of four (4) years experience in Space Systems engineering.