SG2 Recruiting is a talent acquisition parter with Suntiva and looking for a Communications Specialist -- someone whose specialty and core interests center around organizational change management -- to join the team. As a Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for increasing awareness as well as adoption of transformations that impact the workforce.
What Will You Be Doing
Helping teams transform - because of a new process, technology, or reorganization -- you will be responsible for developing the communications and change management plans that facilitate a smooth transition. You will be working alongside and truly collaborating with Suntiva’s experienced team members and client stakeholders to push the envelope of your academic training and experience to understand the impact of changes on stakeholders, create targeted engagement strategies and transition plans that minimize employee resistance and increase adoption.
To accomplish that for federal agency clients throughout the Washington, DC Metro area, you will plan and execute town hall events, as well as create collateral materials (newsletters, fact sheets, social media content, etc.) that clearly articulate key talking points and messaging. You will also design and execute stakeholder feedback processes to evaluate whether messages and actions are moving the workforce in the right direction towards the desired state of change.
What You Will Need
- BS Degree in Organizational Change Management, Organization Development, Human Resources Management, Communications or related field and be able to pass a security check (Public Trust)
- 8+ years of experience providing Change Management support and Strategic Communications associated with organizational change or transitions
- Experience supporting US Federal Civilian Agency clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically in the context of drafting and developing strategic communications content and materials
- Experience implementing effective quality control processes
- Ability to support client locations throughout Washington DC Metro area to include Northern VA (NoVA) and Maryland
- Excellent project and time management skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience growing project work through identifying client needs, writing proposals, developing white papers
If You Have This, It is a Plus
- Masters Degree in Organizational Change Management, Organization Development, Human Resources Management, Communications or related field
- Experience working in HHS Operating Divisions (e.g., FDA, NIH, CDC, etc.)
What Suntiva Can Offer You
When joining Suntiva, you can expect the opportunity to address client challenges that matter and have fun in the process:
- A values-driven culture. Our corporate values include: Embody great minds and great hearts, Assume good intentions, Foster collaboration and teamwork, Hold ourselves accountable for results, and Do the right thing all the time!
- A team-oriented environment with some of the smartest colleagues you’ll ever work with
- Growth and development opportunities
At Suntiva, our employees are our most valuable asset. Our employees bring their great minds and hearts to help our clients achieve their desired results. As such, we want to make sure that we are doing the right thing, all the time by supporting our employees to achieve their desired results in life. We provide a comprehensive and highly competitive total compensation and benefits package that brings you real value and security to enjoy life today and plan for tomorrow.
Who We Are
Suntiva is a business transformation and technology company located in Falls Church, VA, serving Federal Government agencies. We enable our clients to improve performance through people, process, and technology in significant, measurable, and sustainable ways. We provide mission critical information technology, digital transformation, organizational performance, human capital, and acquisition lifecycle solutions—with great minds and great hearts.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Job: Strategic Communications / Change Management Specialist
Primary Location(s): United States - Washington, DC Metro
Nearest Major Market: Washington, DC Metro
Job Segments: Professional Services, Management Consulting