Job Description: Systems Engineer III
Years of Experience: 10 years of experience with 5 specifically performing in a Systems Engineer role on a large-scale mission critical program.
Education Requirements: Bachelors
- Provide engineering leadership and subject matter expertise in the evaluation of system requirements, architectures, models, designs, and release/deployment plans.
- Assess the operational and functional baselines of an organization and its supporting systems.
- Lead the definition of the direction and strategy for systems to ensure the operational needs are being addressed against aggressive schedules.
- Oversee end to end SDLC of systems through to system deployment and operations.
- Provide organizational and strategic planning for systems as they traverse the SDLC.
- Provide expertise in, but not limited to, System Architecture, System Modeling, Software Development, Systems Integration, Requirements Engineering, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Business Analysis and Technical Analysis.
- Oversees an Assessment Team responsible for the evaluation of several current systems for various components to include requirements, architecture, design, modeling, planning, release/deployment artifacts among several others.
- Lead the development of action plans to remedy findings from assessments and drive remediation of findings with system development teams and when required acts as an individual contributor to remedy findings.
- Designs and documents system architecture and associated designs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Provide enhancements or improvements to systems by studying current workflows and designs and determining inefficiencies.
- Develop process/control changes by identifying gaps/issues/areas for improvement; writing improved processes.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Provides project management expertise throughout each phase of the project, from planning to closeout.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintains system protocols, architecture, requirements, and associated design documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analyzing system and program changes.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- 5 years or more as a Lead Systems Engineer or Chief Engineer on Large Scale Mission Critical System of Systems Development and Integration Program
- Experience developing and integrating complex systems through the full system development life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience in a fast paced, external facing Customer Support department required
- Experience with functional and/or technical aspects of enterprise commercial off the shelf software packages and custom development
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in team environments and with other business organizations
- US Census Bureau Experience preferred