SG2 Recruiting is looking for a committed Linux Server Administrator to join the our client's Infrastructure Team. You will solve unique, challenging problems for their DoD customers and help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from local to global.
This role requires at minimum an active US DoD Secret Security Clearance. Although a Top Secret with SSBI is preferred, we will support raising your clearance from Secret to Top Secret.
Please note this position is semi-remote and will require you to be onsite approximately 1 - 3 days per week. On site locations are in Alexandria, VA 22310 OR at MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL 33608
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• System administration of development, test and production systems;
• Implementing and utilizing our monitoring, alerting, and response system capabilities while keeping current with industry and new solutions that may integrate with program systems;
• Capturing, analyzing, and utilizing an effective system of software and user performance metrics, data capture, and management;
• Implementing log capture and utilizing data from system logs for servers and clients for our systems;
• Monitoring and analyzing system metrics, including (WOW, YOY) trend capture;
• Utilizing security management capabilities.
• Monitoring and maintaining awareness of
user access logging, privilege management among the DEV and production environments and help ensure a secure and DoD compliant service and system architecture;
• Implementing and utilizing production change and compliance management systems covering hardware life cycle, system updates, software and security patching, and technology roadmaps;
• Implementing and maintaining an effective rhythm for updates and progress reporting, as well as awareness of industry best practices;
• Maintaining a suite of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to support production operations appropriate to existing or anticipated failure modes that expertly document responses to system failure issues.
Build failure triggers and pre-create responses where possible (including critical backup and restore mechanisms); and
• Configuring and maintaining user account management interfaces and system supports including direct customer interface.
As we expand the service package, your responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining, troubleshooting, and configuring cloud computing and big data environments based on many open source and commercial products;
• Supporting the DevOps environment of cutting edge military and national defense related applications; and
• Supporting production environments at various locations across the globe.
The position has the following REQUIRED qualifications:
• 2+ year’s experience with Linux (CentOS or Red Hat or Ubuntu) system administration and scripting in a production environment;
• Conducted system performance and file integrity monitoring;
• Managed user issue identification, reporting, tracking and feedback functions;
• Escalated user issues based on trends or alerts; and
• Conducted vulnerability scanning, mitigation, and reporting functions.
If you have these skills and experience it is a huge plus:
• Scripting experience (Puppet, Ansible, Bash, Python, Ruby);
• Information Security experience and certifications (NIDS, HIDS, Auditing, Incident Response);
• Run Time Configuration Management experience (Puppet & Ansible)
• Strong knowledge of the installation, configuration, and maintenance cloud computing and big data infrastructure to include Hadoop, Accumulo, Search and Index tools like Elasticsearch;
• Understand web application infrastructures (Wildfly, Apache, Spring products);
• Familiarity with maintaining configuration management of Puppet scripts in the supported environments;
• Experience with VMWARE 6.0 and later;
• Experience with configuration of direct attached and storage area network units;
• Experience with Agile methodologies and Atlassian products;
• Experience with Cloudera Big Data Products, Accumulo and Apache HTTPD; and
• Supported plans for security and cyber attack mitigation.
Similar Job Titles:
- Production Operations (ProdOps) Engineer
Client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Primary Location(s): Semi-Remote / United States - Tampa or DC Metro
Nearest Major Market: Washington Metro DC or Tampa Florida