If You Have This It Is A Plus
SG2 Recruiting is a talent acquisition partner for Suntiva and looking for a Proposal Manager. Reporting to Suntiva's Chief Financial Officer, you would support the Business Unit VP on selected opportunities working with capture managers and proposal team members to manage Suntiva's proposal processes. You'll be leading winning proposal development from planning and strategy through final submission and award.
From a strategic perspective, this means
- Assessing and prioritizing projected workload and procuring/arranging needed resources.
- Embracing and improving upon company-wide proposal procedures, policies, methodologies, tools and templates.
- Managing proactive collection and/or development of baseline past performance, metric, quality, and testimonial information for future proposal use.
- Maintaining SharePoint repositories of past proposals, resumes and past performance citations.
- Identifying risks, addressing proposal response issues and developing appropriate training.
From a tactical perspective, this means
- Active participation in conjunction with overseeing the process!!
- Preparing bid and proposal estimates, developing and leading proposal kick-off sessions, and providing daily status updates.
- Ensuring compliance of proposals.
- Managing, from start to finish, multiple, simultaneous, proposal efforts of various sizes including large-scale strategic proposals, new bids and large, strategic task order responses.
- In a rapid-paced environment, manage proposals and support activities to include developing and managing proposal plans, team communications, compliance matrices, proposal outlines, storyboards, formal color reviews and production activities.
- Analyze written solicitation requirements and assess response options for organization and compliance. Ensuring proposal activities meet scope, cost and schedule parameters.
- Developing and editing focused, compliant content and graphics.
- Performing rigorous quality assurance checks on draft and final documents.
- Lead working sessions to develop the vision, win strategies, solutions, and Suntiva team messaging. Ensuring teams develop customer-focused content representing the strategic messaging.
What You'll Need For This Role
- Minimum six (6+) years of proposal preparation in a government contractor environment and winning federal proposals
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in English or Technical Writing, business, communications or a related field
- Experience leading and coordinating diverse teams of individuals at all levels from various organizations including prime contractor, subcontractor, and independent consultant businesses
- Extensive knowledge of federal government procurement process and FAR regulations
- Experience working within the management consulting and technology industries
- Full understanding of, and ability to apply, standard proposal process principles, theories, concepts, and techniques, including branding, corporate identity and customer communication
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build effective working relationships with content providers and manage the proposal team to tight deadlines
- Initiative to identify and achieve complex objectives
- Superior writing and editing skills, with the ability to edit content from multiple sources
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to accurately manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience producing schedules, templates, and other proposal documentation using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be an Expert in Microsoft Word
- Shipley or Association of Proposal Management Professional training and/or certifications
Similar Job Titles:
- Federal Contract Proposal Manager
What Suntiva Can Offer You
When joining Suntiva, you can expect the opportunity to address client challenges that matter and have fun in the process.
- A values-driven culture. Our corporate values include: Embody great minds and great hearts, Assume good intentions, Foster collaboration and teamwork, Hold ourselves accountable for results, and Do the right thing all the time!
- A team-oriented environment with some of the smartest colleagues you’ll ever work with.
- Growth and development opportunities.
At Suntiva, our employees are our most valuable asset. Our employees bring their great minds and hearts to help our clients achieve their desired results. As such, we want to make sure that we are doing the right thing, all the time by supporting our employees to achieve their desired results in life. We provide a comprehensive and highly competitive total compensation and benefits package that brings you real value and security to enjoy life today and plan for tomorrow.
Suntiva is a business transformation and technology company located in Falls Church, VA, serving Federal Government agencies. We enable our clients to improve performance through people, process, and technology in significant, measurable, and sustainable ways. We provide mission critical information technology, digital transformation, organizational performance, human capital, and acquisition lifecycle solutions—with great minds and great hearts.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Job: Proposal Manager
Primary Location(s): United States - Falls Church, VA
Nearest Major Market: Washington, DC Metro
Job Segments: Professional Services, Management Consulting