please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a cleantech company providing customers with a clean and efficient solution to organic waste. The plants range from full scale biogas production plants, used to process our clients’ unsold food into electricity, to company owned shrink reduction facilities that analyze and process organic material from a variety of sources. The successful operation of all plants is heavily reliant on the efficient and consistent performance of the operating team.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a leader in recycling and diversion to make the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership and growth opportunity for you!
Advancing the maintenance culture away from "reactive" to "proactive" in driving machine and equipment reliability. The successful candidate will be responsible for all elements of the reliability plan, identifying, managing, directing, and auditing manufacturing processes and systems required to reach and maintain excellence in equipment reliability. This position will help elevate maintenance and reliability at each of our operating facilities (outlined below).
Facilities located in:
Los Angeles, CA
Opening more facilities every year!
The position reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering and Operations.
- Develop and manage a reliability and maintainability program for our facilities in California, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
- Develop a full understanding of total process, including flow and conditions at each stage of the process.
- Assess equipment for maintenance requirements and spare/wear parts storage needs based on existing wear, reliability, criticality, and manufacturers recommended maintenance.
- Establish and document creative disassembly and maintainability of equipment to minimize downtime and repair cost.
- Establish and maintain an equipment condition-monitoring program through non-destructive testing and regression analysis of key parameters.
- Establish chain of support with internal operators, equipment vendors and third party technical resources.
- Configure and maintain a Computerized Maintenance Management Software system to track required maintenance, the current status of the assigned equipment and what areas of the plant require attention.
- Prepare oral and written presentations to keep internal team informed of plant performance and progress
- Determine root cause of equipment failures and drive solutions to eliminate recurrence of failures.
- Be the leading voice for maintenance and operability design factors in future facilities. This includes:
- Participate in process design to improve functionality and reliability of all mechanical process equipment
- Assist in the selection of mechanical process equipment and specifications based on field experiences.
- Simplify vendor selection for all equipment and instruments to improve vendor support in the field.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program
- 8 to 10 years experience in mechanical and industrial process systems as described above.
- Proven track record of leading technical and complex mechanical systems
- Willingness to travel to facilities
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication
- Impeccable execution skills. Say what you’ll do and do what you said
- Must demonstrate the ability to:
- Act in a decisive manner, using rational judgment
- Assess problems and situations, able to anticipate needs and evaluate alternatives
- Effectively define objectives and priorities
- Communicate consistently with co-workers, management team and clients
- Be organized
- Accept feedback
- Have tact and diplomacy and a positive attitude
- Have commitment to the organization and project
- Take initiative
- Demonstrate maturity in relationships with others
- Be dependable