Our client, a Retail Lumberyard in the Hudson Valley, is growing and looking to hire a Yard Supervisor to load and unload materials through the use of machines and equipment. This is a hands-on role for a top performer who wants to grow. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to help develop and grow a successful lumber operation.
- Manage production/work of all yard personal including load builders, customer service and delivery personal
- Responsible for scheduling adequate coverage for yard including PT help for 7-day schedule including personal time and vacation time
- Manage to a Payroll budget
- Responsible for receiving and restocking all inventory
- Responsible for managing and double checking all built loads that are scheduled for delivery and customer pickup
- Responsible for making sure we are on time and complete on all deliveries including inter store deliveries
- Responsible for maximizing trucking (multiple stops per truck) and working coherently with our shipping department
- Responsible for tracking and reviewing building error matrix, turn time and load time matrix, on time and complete matrix to ensure efficiency
- Responsible for daily inspections of all fork trucks and delivery trucks
- Responsible for scheduling all equipment P.M.’s and repairs with in house mechanic and outside vendors
- Responsible for yard cleanliness; recycling runs to transfer station, physical grounds clean at all times, etc.
- Responsible for snow removal and salting operations
- Expected work schedule Mon - Friday, Saturday AM if needed
This role is a salaried position offering excellent benefits, holidays and 401K. SnapDragon Associates is a small but capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all lumber people servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
- Must be able to operate a fork truck, load, and unload delivery trucks and help pull loads when necessary
- Knowledge of millwork (windows, doors and trim) important
- May be required to help receive and ship millwork on busy days
- This is a working position – not an office position in a very high paced, dynamic environment
You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037.