The X-Ray Film Inspector will support the X-Ray operations by radiographing castings to locate flaws, cracks or presence of foreign material. Other duties as assigned. Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must pass math test.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
• Radiograph castings to locate flaws, cracks or presence of foreign material.
• Process film per schedule to assist film shooter; sort developed film for film readers according to priority per schedule
• Receives film back from readers, stores film and packages for shipments as required.
• Running film by transporting the film from the cassettes from the booth to the dark room.
• Taking film out of the cassettes and putting them in the processor and taking film to the booth.
• Reloading cassettes with proper film and taking them to the correct booth.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to free lift 25 pounds.
• Must have good attendance record
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Must be able to work overtime when required, especially at month end.
• Must pass a Jaeger eye exam
• Must pass a math test
• Must be flexible with possible shift change
As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card. This job description is used to describe the general nature of the position only ad is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.