Our Life Sciences client has an immediate need for a Workday IT Business Relationship Manager. This person will be part of the Global information Systems team, with primary responsibility to support the global HR function. Principal accountabilities of this position are to help identify, design, develop, interpret and document requirements and process improvements for existing systems (Workday, net Business Directory application, HR interfaces to internal/external applications, HCO/HCP application), and to proactively deliver process and technology solutions. He/she will also manage Corporate Services initiatives & sustainment activities using our SDLC process into robust and valued solutions.
This is a hands-on position that delivers thought leadership, Workday knowledge and expertise, and project management leadership on large initiatives. He/she will be a key influencer in solving complex problems involving the extension of the global use of Workday to enable a vast array of HR technology capabilities including HR Operations, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards and Payroll. This will require an excellent understanding of the business environment, to assist in defining scope and helping to develop business cases and involve liaising with other departments in Global Information Systems. This position ideally is suited to a self-motivated individual, capable of operating with minimal levels of supervision.
- Collaborate with HR business partners to vision strategic roadmaps and to translate business requirements into concrete, specific projects that drive measurable value to the organization and align with our Corporate Services technology strategy.
- Lead and participate in the design, configuration and testing of projects related to Corporate Services
- Work with the Global Information Systems Corporate Services team in as a key liaison point for future systems, and to manage projects, programs, and new solutions through to deployment.
- Create project plans, resources plans, projects financials, risk/issue/dependency management (manage end to end delivery of projects).
- Manage project resources - assemble project team, assign individual responsibilities and coordinate project activities, including vendor resources as required.
- Follow System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process to design, develop and test complex solutions.
- Advise HR leaders to emerging trends in the industry and suggest new ways of doing things that would facilitate greater leverage of technology.
- Assist the Global Information Systems Corporate Services team to create best practices, standards, procedures, and documentation for corporate services systems.
- Help steer the business to best leverage and provide technical direction for web enabled technologies provided via Workday platform, and other technologies that integrate with it.
- Become an expert in business processes, and work with the business to help define and document, requirements to support deployment of new systems as well as enhancements to existing systems.
- Provide oversight of technical offshore resource
- Manage troubleshooting events within the HR workstream which may include managing or conducting configuration of Workday processes/modules
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Marketing, HR, Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science) or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Minimum of 5 years with emphasis on Corporate Services and/or HR business processes and IT solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of Workday experience in core business process configuration and support of one or more of the following modules: Recruiting, Onboarding, Payroll (including third party payroll and US benefits integrations), Time and Attendance, Absence Management, HRIS business process configuration, Reporting & Dashboards