Title: Wire Installation Design Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-2957110069
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Wire Installation Design Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Everett, WA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Interface with external and internal customers to develop and maintain wire harness detail, installation, and bundle assembly.
- Create and coordinate solutions for 2D and 3D wire harness installation designs and incorporates changes to design plan.
- Perform complex design change incorporation as required.
- Develop and maintain Wire Harness physical design and installation (e.g. 3D wire harness installation models, wire harness assembly models and 2D formboard drawings).
- Perform assigned tasks meeting the organization's expectations for quality, schedule and process compliance.
- Collaborate and coordinate with customer to develop design solutions. Contacts subcontractors and suppliers to exchange technical data and coordinate project execution.
- Ensure application of business unit best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- Develop solutions to complex problems, which require ingenuity and innovation.
- Mentor less experienced staff in the use of CAD and other design tools.
- Identify and communicate the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools or new/enhanced design requirements and provides solutions.
- Ensure design optimization through commonality, cost, weight, and maintainability of design.
- Communicate and/or implement design solutions.
- Ensure compliance to design requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience in an engineering classification.
- 3 years of CAD design.
- 5 years of Electrical/Mechanical design or installation.
- 3 year of experience in the Aerospace industry (preferred).
- Knowledge of Fabrication/Manufacturing processes for applicable designs.
- Capability to integrate overall System/Airframe designs.
- Understanding of design requirements flow, validation and compliance verification.
- Able to understand technical data.
- Capable of resolving design issues by means of problem solving methodologies.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CAD design (e.g. CATIA, AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer).
- Knowledge of MS Office computer applications.
- Fluent in English (Written and verbal)
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.