Sr. Windows Server Administrator
Responsible for configuring, installing, upgrading, managing, and performance monitoring of all business infrastructure devices consisting of Windows Servers and various Network Appliances. Develops and reviews security policies, network operations policies, programs and guidelines as assigned. Provides guidance to other Network Administrators.
- Resolves technical assistance calls as assigned.
- Works with internal stakeholders and vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Develops and maintains infrastructure design documentation and process documentation required for configuration control.
- Develops a working knowledge of the infrastructure hardware and software technologies in use.
- Develops and updates security policies, general controls, network operational policies, programs and guidelines as assigned.
- Researches and develops new technologies as assigned.
- Implements and manages Remote Access Solutions.
- Packages and installs applications using in-house and vendor instructions.
- Creates and maintains documentation related to Server Infrastructure.
- Develops strategies for client/server implementations and architects the infrastructure required to support those strategies.
- Leads, coordinates, and participates in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment.
- Utilizes different Hypervisors and performs virtual clustering and troubleshooting with Hyper-V and VMware.
- Designs, implements, and manages Office 365 in the enterprise.
- Administers and practices business continuity and disaster recovery methodologies.
- Develops and updates PowerShell scripts and commands.
- Manages Microsoft Active Directory in the enterprise.
- Manages and utilizes Microsoft System Center.
- Installs public and local certificates on various systems.
- Monitors and manages the file level and full image backup system of the business servers.
- Implements and practices business continuity and disaster recovery methodologies.
- Administers antivirus and endpoint detection and response solutions for client and server.
- Participates and supports project and initiative teams as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ Years Microsoft Server and LAN administration
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating Systems for desktop and server.
- Significant and successful experience designing, implementing, and managing Office 365 in the enterprise, including but not limited to Exchange Online, Azure, SharePoint, OneDrive, ADFS, OneNote, etc.
- Ability to install software applications using in-house and vendor instructions.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise technology systems, including remote access solutions.
- Skilled with virtual clustering and troubleshooting with Hypervisors, e.g., Hyper-V and VMware.
- In-depth experience with virtual clustering and troubleshooting with Hyper-V and VMware.
- Excellent business continuity and disaster recovery methodologies and practice.
- Ability to create and maintain PowerShell scripts.
- Working experience managing Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working experience with Microsoft System Center.
- Extensive knowledge of file level and full image backup systems.
- Knowledge of security policies and practices in a Microsoft enterprise environment.
- Skilled with antivirus and endpoint detection and response solutions for client and server.
- This position provides the ability for a hybrid 4x10 work schedule