Title: Wholesale Planner
Location: New York, NY General Summary:
The Wholesale Planner is responsible for supporting all activities associated with managing our financial, demand, and inventory plans for the Wholesale business at Nautica. They will provide analytical support to the team by strategically driving the business to maximize sales and margin as well as optimize inventory. They must develop, execute and communicate merchandise and account strategies as well as financial plans that support the merchandising and financial objectives for the brand. This is a key position for cash flow optimization and open to buy management. The individual should exude business agility and strategic thinking, leveraging internal and external data to make fact-based decisions. Responsibilities:
• Manage the planning functions for all accounts including Department Stores, Specialty Stores, E-com sites, and Drop Ship
• Own the monthly forecast & budget process and push to achieve company financial and merchandise objectives
• Develop and implement business plans by account to ensure net sales and gross margin targets are met.
• Create and maintain all weekly reporting and recaps such as Style Selling and Sales to Stock
• Proactively develop ad-hoc analytical reports and tools to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Prepare key analysis for management including strategic recommendations to maximize sales and profitability.
• Control the Wholesale Tally process which includes analyzing bookings by account and class, comparing buys to initial projections, and providing financial recaps on final inventory placements. Ensure buys are placed & goals are met.
• Create assortment plans and provide SKU targets using historical data and current trends
• Compile hindsight reporting by account for use in future planning and forecasting
• Reforecast business in season based on current performance. Identify opportunities and present revised projections and recommendations to leadership.
• Create and manage Open to Buy process; optimize sales, inventory, receipts and margins
• Establish strong partnerships with Merchandising, Production, and the Sales team
• Support in reviewing inbound and outbound inventory flow Required Experience:
• 5+ years planning, forecasting, or other relevant analytical roles within the industry. Must have wholesale experience.
• Bachelors degree (preferably in Merchandising, Business, Finance).
• Advanced business knowledge of merchandising and forecasting concepts with an understanding of their operational and financial impacts.
• Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business.
• Must be system saavy with a high proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel Required Skills:
• Result-oriented and self-motivated individual with a strong sense of urgency
• Must be proactive with the ability to multi task and prioritize initiatives as well as adaptable to changing demands.
• Robust problem solving, analytical, and data management skills.
• Exhibits high standards and accountability; detail oriented person who takes pride in maintaining superior accuracy
• Thrives in a dynamic environment and enthusiastic about approaching complex issues with creative solutions.
• Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and effectively interact with multiple levels.SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
#LI-JD1Click here to apply online