endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Large Multi-Billion Dollar International Manufacturing Company located in Warren Michigan is looking for a Welding Technician. The selected candidate will ensure all production product meets customer requirements by assisting in the set-up, running, and layout of welded parts and assemblies. Support daily production. Maintain and continuously improve welding and robotic processes for assigned manufacturing areas. Review, plan, and implement approved process changes (verifying process integrity) resulting from continuous improvement and ECN’s.
- Provide daily technical support to production weld operations. Ensure that all weld standards and procedures are followed.
- Set-up, program and operate welding machines and robots as needed and as documented. Assist in troubleshooting.
- Train production personnel to set-up and operate new and/or updated production welding equipment, tooling and gages.
- Assist engineering to develop and document weld processes, parameters, equipment, tooling, torches, weld perishables and associated process documentation. Maintain and update documentation as the process evolves and improves.
- Assist in transitioning prototypes in new programs to production equipment.
- Monitor inventory min./max. levels of all welding supplies and spares.
- Coordinate efforts with welding engineering and DCP teams to improve department measurables (scrap, MRB, cost, efficiency).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Any technical certificates or degree in; Industrial Electrician, Mechatronics, Robotics or Welding is a plus
- Three (3+) years’ experience in high volume production welding environment.
- Verifiable technical training in GMAW, friction and or inertia welding processes
- Verifiable technical training on Fanuc robot programming
- Strong mechanical aptitude for making fixture adjustments
- Ability to read and work from process sheets
- Ability to perform bench layout of welded assemblies.