A major American Steel manufacturer is seeking a Welding Engineer for their PLTCM.
- Contribute toward development and continuous improvement of welding recipes and equipment reliability of each welding machine.
- Utilizes appropriate weld failure analysis techniques to determine root causes of weld failures and initiates necessary corrective action to eliminate/reduce such failures.
- Assists in the planning of equipment outages; down turn repairs; and the establishment of efficient repair/replacement of equipment.
- Assists in the establishment and assignment of preventive maintenance procedures for the proper care of equipment.
- Assists in the establishment and continuous improvement of departmental spares ensuring inventory control; the maintenance and repair of such spares and the establishment of procedures to control spares and the establishment of procedures to control spare costs.
- Works closely with Plant Engineering to ensure that drawings are updated in keeping with equipment modifications; to provide counsel for equipment redesign; and, to secure information necessary for the performance of the position.
- Coordinates the establishment of requirements, standards, and procedures for the operations of the equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Welding Engineering or equivalent required
- Broad welding engineering knowledge as well as general engineering knowledge and experience with strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills; including the ability to work well with and motivate people;
- Strong sense of initiative and the desire to maintain equipment in world class condition are necessary.