Welds metal components together with variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair/rework parts and assemblies, by performing the following duties.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
• Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
• Employee Engagement Committee
• Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
• Welds metal parts together using both gas welding any combination of arc welding processes, including MIG and TIG.
• Sets up and operates welding equipment and load welding fixtures to perform mechanize automatic inert gas arc welding operations.
• Performs major and minor repair or rework on parts or assemblies, installs parts and performs final clean-up on completed assemblies.
• Sets up and operates manual inert gas fusion welding equipment to perform weld operations.
• Operates computer aided automatic welders such as Panjerus Air/Rototab welding equipment.
• Assists Weld Engineer and establishes welding schedules by setting proper argon flow, arc voltage amperes, holding pressure, carriage speed, welding wire feed, etc., on all mechanized weld equipment.
• Sets up and welds production joints on welding equipment for qualification settings as required by specifications.
• Checks completed units with various precision measuring instruments for conformity to specifications.
• Sets up and runs certification and qualification on welding equipment as required by specifications.
• Performs a variety of sheet metal operations in finishing, aligning, installing, repairing or reworking parts or assemblies with or without the aid of jigs or fixtures.
• Welds in various positions with mechanized equipment on parts or assemblies held by fixtures with or without chill bars on fixtures.
• Aids in brazing before and after brazing operations.
• Performs all welding except maintenance on tooling work.
• Basic housekeeping to clean up the area from the work performed and to maintain the housekeeping in the area using the proper conventional utensils (brooms, dusters, wet/dry rags, wet/dry vacuums), but excluding the use of mops and automatic floor scrubbers (i.e. Tennant floor scrubber). Maintaining the area includes material, parts, machines, tools and work tables used in manufacturing as well as objects used to store or stage items used in manufacturing.
• Technical skills and abilities: blue print reading, use of precision measuring instruments, welding
• Must be Weld Certified by Magellan Aerospace, Middletown, Inc. for welding inco and beta material and any other Certified Processes. Must meet visual acuity requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with specialized training in Welding. Must pass Weld test and vision acuity exam.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!