United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Euravia North America, a member of the Magellan Aerospace group, has a great opportunity for a Welder. The successful incumbent will weld a wide range of materials, i.e. carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel and nonferrous metals. We are looking for 2 Welders!
- Weld a wide range of materials, i.e., carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, nonferrous metals.
- Prep and grind welds to required specifications.
- Adjust welding apparatus (select voltages, pressures, etc.).
- Perform set ups requiring aligning, and clamping of components to maintain specifications and avoid distortion.
- Set up tooling, fixtures in accordance with work instructions.
- Dimensionally inspect weld and other characteristics of parts being welded.
- Implement and maintain the company's quality policy in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- In the performance of duties, ensure that requirements of a Part 145 Repair Station are maintained, assuming responsibility and ensuring compliance with the Company's FAA Inspection Procedures Manual.
- Minimum 5 years related experience preferably in Aerospace or related industry.
- Must be able to work the day shift (6:00am – 2:30pm)
- Familiar with specifications pertaining to welding of aerospace work.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to use height gages, micrometers, calipers etc., to measure, check and correlate information with blueprints, specifications and repair routings to perform welding operations consistent with approved specifications
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)