Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Welder
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week - (6-2, 2-10 Shifts)
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To weld and in some cases manufacture and weld small assemblies to a high standard according to specification and to customer approved welding standards
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To ensure self and other people are working in accordance to the company health and safety standards
- To obtain weld approvals for the appropriate materials to be welded from customer audits and testing as appropriate.
- To understand and interpret working engineering drawings
- Check job pack items for correct amount and correct part number against BOM prior to carrying out any work and to escalate to the Line manager if not the case
- Read weld data sheet for correct filler wire, gas pressures and any other anomalies as stated
- Weld details to drawing specifications and to make adjustments post welding as required
- On completion present details with completed paperwork to Team Leader for inspection
- To maintain the work area to the company wide 6S standards
- To be sufficiently trained and have the knowledge and capability to undertake all the work of a sheet metal work as required
- NVQ level 3 in Engineering or equivalent.
- Aerospace industry desired but is not essential.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Attention to detail
- Read engineering drawings
- Ability to plan and work under pressure
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!